Friday, April 5, 2013

The Beginning

Welcome to my blog! Please bear with me, as this is my first time attempting a blog!

First things first, I'm Shayna! I am a stay/work at home mom! I have a beautiful daughter, Daisy, who will be 11 months old on the 9th. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me, besides my boyfriend Will, without him, Daisy wouldn't be here. We live on Wills family's dairy farm, Carter and Stevens Farm
.
The Beginning
Will and I have been together for almost three years, but we met and dated in high school. In October of 2010, my clutch decided to go in my 1999 Chevy cavalier coupe (the black blur, if you've ever seen me drive you'd understand why thats what its nick name was). I was at a party hanging out and Will happened to be there as well. We started talking and I told him about my car and he right away offered to fix it. The next day he called me and we set it up that he would fix it while I was at school. We talked every day after that. One day I called him and he said that he had something to show me at the "lower farm," and when I come home from school he will take me down. I came home that weekend and we hung out at the shop while he fixed my car. Sunday rolled around and he still hadn't shown me what was at "lower farm." I said to him, "I thought you were going to show me something at the lower farm." So, he took me down there on the ranger and brought me to a section of fence. We walked along it until we came to a tree. Carved in the tree was "WS + SC '06" with a heart around it. My heart just about melted. He was fixing fence when we were first together in high school and carved that into the tree. It was so unlike him, he's the crazy, manly man type. He asked me if we could add a "'10" to the tree. I said sure! We have been inseparable ever since!
I graduated from college in May of 2011 with an associates degree in animal science. I was hired on his family's farm doing jobs like harrowing the fields, mowing hay, tetting the hay, throwing hay bales in the barn, and being assistant herd manager with his sister Molly. I also worked at the farm store once in a while on grill nights and doing odd jobs.
As summer was winding down, I was working at the store making sandwiches, feeding calves, and milking with Will on Tuesdays. For some reason this work was making me exhausted! I felt like I needed a nap by 11 AM. This wasn't normal for me. We were replacing the roof on our house and I didn't feel that good. The next morning we got up to milk and I still didn't feel that great. Then I realized, I was LATE! That night I made a special trip to Wal Mart and picked up a pregnancy test. We both came home after work and Will started to make supper, soup from a can. I went straight to the bathroom did what I had to do and came out. It was the longest three minutes of my life. You know the song Waiting on Two Pink Lines by Eric Church? Well this was the exact same thing, except... You guessed it, there were two pink lines! I was pregnant. I was terrified. I felt like I was 13 and pregnant. Will was so excited you wouldn't have been able to wipe the smile off his face if you tried!
I told my sister right away! She was excited and very supportive. Will told one of his best friends, Trevor. He was shocked to say the least. I can still picture the look on his face. We told my parents first. I gave my mom a birthday card that said "Happy birthday Grandma!" I added "and Grandpa" for a more dramatic effect. She was very confused at first, but then she realized and started crying. Once they processed it for a minute they were very excited for us. They could tell we were happy. Then we went to Will's parents. I wore a t-shirt that said "Future Farmer" with an arrow pointing to my belly. Molly had this shirt from when she was pregnant with Maple. When I walked in to the house Will's mom, Erin(Abuela to the grandkids), said "hey you shouldn't be wearing that shirt!" and Will's dad, Phil(FunFun), said "really?!" We laughed and told them that it was true! Phil handed Will a beer and we celebrated!
Months went on and I had many doctors appointments. I had an ultrasound to find out the sex and sure enough, it was a girl! Daisy was the first name I had thought of and Will loved it too! Her middle name is Rose after my great grandmother Elizabeth Rose, Nana to all that know her. Finally, May had come around and my due date had come and gone, and I was getting so anxious! I HAD to meet my baby girl! She was three days late. After 17 hours of labor and 30 mins of pushing, I finally had my beautiful baby girl in my arms! She was the most perfect little baby I had ever met in my life! She looked just like her daddy. She will definitely be daddy's little girl her whole life.
Daisy was the most perfect baby anyone could ask for. She slept through the night from day one. She would only cry when she was hungry. If she cried during her "witching hour" Will would take her outside and she would stop. She loves to be outside. We couldn't be happier!
The Now
Daisy and I spend our days playing, baking, cleaning the house, going for walks, and helping daddy at the farm. Will is getting ready for the busy season of fixing all of the tractors, so they're ready to do work when the time comes. We love when he comes home, I get a break and she gets a change in scenery. She's got him wrapped around her little finger. She loves animals and she'll let you know it! We are currently planning an October wedding!

This blog is about our little family's life on the farm. I hope you enjoy all of our stories and recipes for great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment